Has LG promised Fulham sponsorship for Lee?

Lee Chun-soo has denied that English Premier League club Fulham is interested in him because of a sponsorship deal with South Korean electronics giant LG. Reports in Seoul claim LG has agreed to become the main sponsor of Fulham next season on the condition that a Korean player joins is signed in the summer. The club made a loan offer last month for the 25 year-old winger. ”I have heard what has been said about Fulham and LG’s sponsorship contract but it is irrelevant,” Lee told goal.com Asia Editor, John Duerden. “If Fulham had been relegated perhaps I would have had to think again but I was happy when I heard the news of their survival.” The deal is not done yet however. Lee’s K-League club Ulsan Hyundai Horang-I initially refused Fulham’s offer and last week made a counter-offer to the Cottagers.